Innoson Nigeria Limited
Innoson Nigeria Limited is an indigenous blue chip company engaged extensively in the importation, assembly and marketing of automotive components, accessories and motorcycles. Incorporated in July, 1987, the company has grown to become one of the major importers, suppliers and assemblers of motorcycles and motorcycles spare parts to outermost part of West African sub-region and beyond.
INNOSON NIGERIA LIMITED started in 1986 as a trading outfit by buying Honda Motorcycle parts and over a period of time was recognized as the major dealer of Honda Motorcycle parts of the time.
As time progressed, INNOSON started importing the motorcycle parts and accessories into the country and having had the vast knowledge and experience in the motorcycle business sometime in 1994, we entered into joint venture of assembling motorcycle in Nigeria with a Chinese Motorcycle Manufacturer. The assembly was in manual form and this usually forced the price of assembled motorcycle up and at the end we was making little or no profit.
We never relented in our efforts in breaking through our dream in making sure that motorcycles are sold to the masses at affordable prices hence in 1995, we installed a fully automated assembly plant which can produce up to 1,000 units of motorcycle per day and has helped reduce the prices of our different brands of motorcycle. Our dream has actually been realized as our prices now ranges from N50,000 - N60,000 per unit as against N55,000 - N75,000 per unit as before.
Also, we are working extremely hard to ensure that our factory in Emene, Enugu State produce most of our components used in the assembling of motorcycles.
Our MissionTo satisfy the enormous demand for quality motorcycles while maintaining prices at affordable level for the West African market.
Our VisionTo be produce the highest quality motorcycles at affordable prices in Nigeria
Innoson Nigeria reduces the prices of motorcycles by producing locally motorcycle parts for assemblage in our assembly plant. We source more than 25% of the parts locally in line with the Federal Government policy on industrialization. Our activities in the sector is helping in its development since the past years.
We also satisfy the market demand for variety bt producing many quality brands, therefore, diversifying the customer's choices in the market.
We will invest in the latest technology to produce more cost effective product as well as bridging the technological gap and increasing the likelihood of manufacturing complete motorcycle independently.
We will work closely with our technical partner to make the price of motorcycles more affordable at the highest possible quality for the west african people.
Whereas, we source locally about 25% of the following items:
- Motorcycle Seat - From Christomex Industries Limited Nnewi.
- Motorcycle Battery - From Ibeto Group, Nnewi.
Also, expansion work is currently going on in our factory where we hope in no distant time we shall start to produce the under listed items:
- Back Spindle A100
- Rear Carrier AX100
- Complete motorcycle frame
And with these inputs achieved, there is high hope of making the prices of assembled motorcycle in Nigeria and beyond more affordable to the masses as that has been our dream. Above all, we believe that our assembled motorcycle will be used by all and sundry because of it's high quality and affordable prices. And with time to come, there is a likelihood that we could afford to manufacture complete motorcycle in Nigeria independently.
Innoson Group has also been recognized as the:
- SON quality award
- 2006 Industry of the year by the Nigeria Union of Journalist, Enugu State.
- Economic and Social Justice Award by Amnesty International
- The Best Exhibiting Pavilion in Plastic, April 2007, by Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ECCIMA)
- Special Merit Award, April 2008 by the Nigerian Society of Engineers Enugu Branch.
- Merit Award for contribution to the Nation's Economy, September 2008, by the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria(MAN).
- Member, Enugu State Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture(ECCIMA).
- Member, Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture(NACCIMA).
- Member, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).
- Member, National Anti-corruption Volunteer Corps (NAVC) as integral part of Independent Corrupt Practices and Related Offenses Commission (ICPC).